When planning a Connecticut wedding, it is helpful to have a variety of wedding experts and concepts to choose from. A wedding planner typically handles essential things like the invitations, entertainment, flowers, seating, etc. A wedding planner also typically works closely with the bride and groom to help them choose a venue, the catering company and the overall theme for the wedding.
Every couple wants their wedding to be unique to them and a perfect representation of who they are as a couple. Since every couple is different so is every wedding. What’s most important is that we create a unique and unforgettable event that they and their family and friends will remember fondly for years to come.
Fitzgerald’s Fine Catering has accommodated all types of Connecticut area weddings throughout the years. We often see similar concepts, themes and styles used over and over again. If you are looking for something to make your wedding reception pop feel free to get inspiration from our list of creative and unique wedding we have catered which successfully created an amazing atmosphere.
- Use cocktail hour to define the theme: Serving moonshine in Mason jars will create a timeless country-wedding feel. Alternatively serving rum drinks with umbrellas will create a more tropical feel.
- Have objects serve double duty: For example you could have your table numbers double as a booklet where well wishers can write notes for you to read on your 1 year anniversary. They will be a fun memento of your special day.
- Candid pictures: Leave disposable camera on the table for guests to take pictures of themselves and each other. It is great to see the wedding from a guest’s perspective and its fun to have candid pictures as well as the posed one the photographer takes.
- Make your flowers last a lifetime: Rather than using fresh flowers you can use a bouquet made of fabric that way you will be able to keep it forever and most people will not notice the difference.
- Paint your wedding: Hire an artist to paint the ceremony as it unfolds. You will be left with a beautiful painting of a beautiful memory.
- Make it family style: Serving your food family style as opposed to individual plates gives the wedding a more intimate feel. It also will mean less food will go to waste and everyone will be able to eat as much of each dish as they want. Its both eco-friendly and budget friendly.
Chances are that on your wedding day you will be too wrapped up in the event itself, and taking pictures to worry about whether or not your guests are enjoying themselves. We suggest planning ahead and there are many fun and unique options to choose from. Look online for ideas about Connecticut wedding reception games, photos booths, and other fun interactive features to make your wedding stand out.
Feel free to contact Fitzgerald’s Fine Catering of Connecticut at (800) 368-1823 if you have any questions or would like to hear more about creating exceptional atmosphere for your wedding guests. We are an award winning catering company known throughout the Connecticut area for our use of the freshest and high quality of ingredients as well as our reliable and exceptional service. We also offer free tastings, which allow you to get a better idea of what we have to offer as well as how we could work your ideas into our menu.
Fitzgerald’s Fine Catering Since 1948, the name in catering synonymous with style and elegance. For over sixty years families and corporations have come to know that when they hire Fitzgerald’s, they will receive undivided attention to detail and quality. Fitzgerald’s Fine Catering, located in Black Rock, CT, provides everything you need. A menu to excite your palate, experienced personnel, polished silver and china, rich linens and elegant serving accessories. Our commitment is to truly “make you a guest at your own party”. Contact us today for a No-Cost Tasting & Consultation!